How to Be Fearless Virtual Seminar
presented by Amgen
February 12 – 13, 2021
Streamed Live with CureToday.com
Thank you for watching. RECORDINGS OF ALL SESSIONS ARE NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND »
The vision of The DONNA Foundation is to transform the experience of living with breast cancer from one of fear and frustration, to one of love and support. This year has brought new fears to the forefront, but it has also created boundless opportunities to show love by stepping forward in support of our mission. As a community-based, patient advocacy organization we have both the opportunity and the obligation to leverage the trust we have with those we serve to bring voice to these fears so that our community can better provide the love and support needed to overcome them. How do we help our community be more fearless?
Friday, February 12 | NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND »
10 AM – 10:45 AM: Through Rose Colored Glasses – A Marathon from Fear to Love with DONNA Foundation Founder and three-time breast cancer survivor Donna Deegan.
11 AM – 11:45 AM: Knowledge is Power – Understanding Clinical Trials in the Context of Health Equity: Facilitated by WJCT News host Melissa Ross with experts from Mayo Clinic and Genentech’s Chief Diversity Office. Expert panel to include:
- Melissa S. Gonzales, Phd.D.; Inclusion Principal, External Partnering; Chief Diversity Office, Genentech
- Pooja P. Advani, M.B.B.S., M.D.; Hematologist and Oncologist, Mayo Clinic
- Carmen Reynolds; Survivor
1 PM – 1:45 PM: How to Raise Your Voice – Advocating for Health Policy in a Digital World: Facilitated by physician and educator Carolyn McClanahan with experts from the National Patient Advocate Foundation and The Beekeeper Group. Expert panel to include:
- Rebecca Kirch, JD; Executive Vice President, Policy and Programs, NPAF
- Nicole G. Braccio; Policy Director, NPAF
- Mike Panetta; Partner, Beekeeper Group
NPAF How to Choose a Plan Campaign
2 PM – 2:45 PM: Fearless Mother Runners with Lindsey Hein: Facilitated by Lindsey Hein, host of the popular running podcast “I’ll Have Another with Lindsey Hein” with a panel of elite runners who are also Moms. Expert panel to include:
- Steph Bruce, professional distance runner for HOKA NAZ Elite, Mom of 2.
- Alysia Montano, Olympian and 7-time USA Champion, Mom.
- Sara Vaughn, Team USA, Realtor, Mom of 4.
3 PM – 3:45 PM: What’s New in Breast Cancer Therapy: Facilitated by Donna Orender, Founder of Generation W with Dr. Edith Perez and experts from Mayo Clinic. Expert panel to include:
- Edith A. Perez, M.D.; Co-founder The National Marathon to Finish Breast Cancer; Chief Medical Officer, Bolt Biotherapeutics; Faculty, Mayo Clinic
- Alvaro Moreno Aspitia, M.D.; Hematologist, Internist, Oncologist, Mayo Clinic
- Vernice Grossglass, Survivor
Saturday, February 13 | NOW AVAILABLE ON DEMAND »
1 PM – 1:45 PM: What is Financial Toxicity and how The DONNA Foundation is resolving to save lives: Facilitated by Donna Deegan with leaders from the Patient Advocate Foundation and case managers supporting the DONNA CareLine. Experts include:
- Erin Bradshaw; Chief of Mission Delivery, Patient Advocate Foundation
- Vonya Journiette; Case Manager, DONNA CareLine, Patient Advocate Foundation
- Coren McGill; Survivor, DONNA CareLine Recipient
2 PM – 2:45 PM: Racing Fearless – How to Mentally Train for a Running Event with Olympian and America’s Coach Jeff Galloway. Joining Jeff:
- Amanda Napolitano; Executive Director, The DONNA Foundation, Marathoner
- Chris Twiggs; Chief Training Officer, Galloway Training Programs