Dan Brown High School Challenge
Dan Brown, “Danny” to his friends, was a much loved and respected teacher and track coach at both Bishop Kenny and John J. Snyder High Schools in Jacksonville, Florida. He made character the cornerstone for all he did on and off the track. He loved each of the kids he coached like they were his own. He brought out the best in everyone he touched. The National Marathon to Finish Breast Cancer is honored to name our High School Challenge in honor of Danny Brown. The Danny Brown cup will be bestowed on the fasted high school relay team to enter the race.
Here’s how it works.
- A Team Captain or Coach registers the high school team in the Team Relay. Please include the name of the high school in the Team Name. All instructions, benefits and logistics of the relay apply to the Danny Brown High School Challenge.
- Five runners to a team.
- Each runner completes a leg of the Marathon Relay.
- Legs range from 3.5 to 6.75 miles.
- The winning school keeps the cup for a year until the next race. Each year the winning school’s name will be engraved in the cup.
- Registration is only $50 per team.
All public and private high schools in the following counties are eligible to compete for the Danny Brown Cup: In Florida – Duval, Clay, Flagler, St. Johns, Nassau, Putnam, Bradford, Union, Columbia, Baker; in Georgia – Ware, Charlton, Camden, Brantley, Pierce, Glynn.
2017 DANNY BROWN CHALLENGE CHAMPIONS
Fletcher High School XC “Beach RatsXc”
Andrew Reimer, Captain