GORUCK DONNA Marathon Weekend
NEW GORUCK Rucking Division
GORUCK and The DONNA Foundation have partnered to provide an exciting new offering to DONNA Marathon Weekend! Introducing the GORUCK Rucking Division available for all DONNA Marathon Weekend races. What is Rucking? Rucking is not only the foundation of Special Forces training, it’s an empowering fitness and social activity that encourages community-building with weight being the great equalizer. Rucking requires strength, endurance, and character — and builds it, too.
To participate as a rucker, select ‘Yes’ for the Rucking Division when you register for any DONNA Marathon Weekend event.
GORUCK DONNA Marathon Weekend Amenities and Awards
In addition to the race amenities and a finisher’s medal, ruckers are also eligible for special awards provided by GORUCK.
- Top overall male and female finishers in the rucking division of the Marathon will each receive a ruck
- Top overall male and female finishers in Half Marathon and 5K will receive $100 gift certificate to GORUCK.com
- 2nd place overall male and female finishers will receive $50 gift certificate to GORUCK.com
- 3rd place overall male and female finishers will receive $25 gift certificate to GORUCK.com
Is there a minimum weight requirement to ruck?
There is NO minimum weight requirement to ruck. It’s an honor system — challenge yourself! That being said, if you want to be eligible for the top finisher prize, you will need to adhere to these standards:
- If you are under 150 lbs, carry a 10 lb weight and if you are over 150 lbs, carry 20 lbs.
- Each participant will have a 10 or 20 lb Ruck Plate (or equivalent in non-consumable weight) in their rucksack at the start point.
- GORUCK will verify weight at the finish line for top finishers.