presented by Genentech
Sunday, February 11, 2018
Start: THE PLAYERS Championship Parking Venue, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Finish: Mayo Clinic
The DONNA Relay is a great way to finish breast cancer as a team! Teams of up to five runners cover the 26.2 mile distance with legs ranging from 3.5 to 6.75 miles. Is your relay team a group of work colleagues? Check out our DONNA Corporate Challenge »
DONNA Relay Participants Receive
- Finisher’s Medal, NEW DESIGN in 2018
- Long-sleeved, gender-specific performance shirt
- Goodie Bag that will include our famous Running Ribbon car magnet (for bragging rights of course)
- Keepsake Race Bib (Personalized by team name for all teams who register on or before January 12, 2018)
- Access to Runners’ Village for pre and post-race festivities
- A warm fuzzy feeling that by participating, you are a part of the #BeTheFINISH movement to finish breast cancer
Entry through 8/31/17 – $235
Entry 9/01/17 – 10/31/17 – $260
Entry 11/01/17 – 1/31/18 – $310
Entry after 02/01/18 – $335
Danny Brown High School Challenge: $50
Team Captain Responsibilities
A Relay Team Captain is responsible for registering the team online and must submit one entry per team. Up to five (5) team members may then register for the team. YOUR TEAM WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR MEMBER REGISTRATION WITHIN ONE (1) WEEK OF REGISTRATION. PLEASE INSTRUCT YOUR RELAY TEAM MEMBERS TO SELECT YOUR RELAY TEAM NAME FROM THE DROP DOWN LIST. IF IT IS NOT AVAILABLE, MAKE SURE IT HAS BEEN AT LEAST ONE (1) WEEK FROM THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.
Team Relay Packet Pick-up
Relay Team packets will be distributed at the DONNA Expo and will contain all materials and supplies for each of the runners on the team. The team captain is responsible for picking up the race packet and distributing the materials to the team. All team members are encouraged to visit the DONNA Expo.
Please note: Each relay packet contains your official DONNA Keepsake Relay Baton. Each runner in the relay must pass the baton to the next runner at the end of his or her leg for the Team to be timed. If you do not have the baton, your Team’s time will not be recorded.
5-person Team Relay Legs
Plan your exchange!
- Leg 1: (6 miles) Miles 1 – 6, Leg 1 will begin from the start line at ATP Tour Blvd along Historic A1A, up beautiful Ponte Vedra Boulevard, and into the residential portion of Jacksonville Beach.
- Leg 2: (3.75 miles) Miles 6 – 9.75, This leg will run parallel to the beach through the downtown Jacksonville Beach area, into Neptune Beach and Atlantic Beach Town Center. Exchange Zone 1 is located at 16th Avenue South and Ocean Drive in Jacksonville Beach.
- Leg 3: (6.75 miles) Miles 9.75 – 16.5, Leg 3 will get it all! This leg will meander through the unique beach communities of Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach and Jacksonville Beach. Exchange Zone 2 is located at Ahern Street and Beach Avenue in Atlantic Beach.
- Leg 4: (3.5 miles) Miles 16.5 – 20, This bar hopper leg will finish at the Seawalk Pavilion in Jacksonville Beach! Exchange Zone 3 is located at Ocean Boulevard and 11th Street in Atlantic Beach.
- Leg 5: (6.2 miles) Miles 20 – 26.2, Leg 5 will start at the Seawalk Pavilion in Jacksonville Beach and will climb the Intracoastal Waterway bridge to the Finish Line at Mayo Clinic – Mile 26.2!! Exchange Zone 4 is located at 1st Street and 1st Avenue North in Jacksonville Beach.
Leg 1 Start
Leg 1 runners start at the same time as the Marathon and Half Marathon participants at 7:30 a.m. from the Start Line. Parking opens at 4:00 a.m. race morning.
Relay Shuttle to Relay Exchange Zones
Legs 2, 3, 4 and 5 runners may take advantage of race provided relay shuttles departing from THE PLAYERS Championship Parking venue. Report to the relay bus loading area at least 2 hours before you need to be in your exchange zone. Volunteers and signage will direct runners to the buses. Buses for legs 2 – 5 will depart from the race start parking venue starting at 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. continuously.
Relay Shuttle to the Finish Line at Mayo Clinic
And Return Service to the Start Parking Venue
Shuttles are available at each Relay Exchange Zone to bus runners to the Finish Line at Mayo Clinic. All relay runners returning from the exchange zones will be allowed in the Runners’ Village for food, beverages and celebration. Shuttles will continue service back to the start parking venue.