2018 Schedule of Events
Your DONNA race staff is working to plan a Marathon Weekend you won’t forget. Check back often for updates.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9th
Social Shakeout Run
- Southern Grounds, The Courtyard at 200 First Street
- 200 1st Street, Neptune Beach [map]
- 8:00 a.m. – 3 Mile Run/Walk with Donna Deegan, DONNA Special Guests and VIPinks
- FREE and Open to All
- Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center
1000 Water Street, Jacksonville, Florida [map]
- Open Noon – 7 p.m.
- On-site registration and packet pick-up are available during expo hours
- Free and Open to the Public, Free Parking
With free admission and free parking you can’t afford to miss the DONNA Expo. Spend the day visiting exhibitors featuring apparel like the SparkleSkirt Official Running Skirt, fitness gear like the Fitletic Official Running Belt, and loads of free samples and giveaways.
DONNA VIP Reception
- Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa
1000 PGA Tour Blvd [map]
- Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
- 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Invitation Only
The DONNA Foundation honors sponsors and special guests each year at this VIP Reception and cocktail party. Want to know how you can score an invitation? Be a top fundraiser »
Mayo Clinic Advances in Breast Cancer Management 2018
- February 9 – 10, 2018
- Sawgrass Marriott Golf Resort & Spa, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
- Mayo Clinic Course Directors: Minetta Liu, M.D., Alvaro Moreno-Aspitia, M.D., and Kathryn Ruddy, M.D.
This course will provide an overview of the most recent advances in the management of patients with early and advanced stage breast cancer. Topics include imaging, radiation therapy, brain metastases, genomic testing, systemic therapy and survivorship. The course is intended to provide practical, evidence-based information on clinically relevant issues for physicians and allied health personnel involved in patient care. The didactic format will provide significant opportunities for interaction with the expert faculty and other attendees via interactive keypad systems, case presentations, panel discussions, and open question and answer sessions.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 10th
DONNA 10K presented by Beard’s Jewelry
Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center
- 6:30 a.m. Registration and Packet Pickup Opens
- 7:30 a.m. Warm up with Retro Fitness, Official DONNA Personal Trainers
- 8:00 a.m. 10K Start
RETURNING in 2018! The DONNA 10K be held Saturday, February 10 in Downtown Jacksonville.
DONNA 5K & Family Fun Run presented by Jaguars Foundation and AXA
Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center
- 6:30 a.m. Registration and Packet Pickup Opens
- 9:40 a.m. Warm up with Retro Fitness, Official DONNA Personal Trainers
- 10:00 a.m. 5K Start
- 11:00 a.m. Fun Run Start
5K participants earn our signature Running Ribbon medal and experience the best Downtown Jacksonville has to offer! The 5K will be a timed event. The Family Fun Run will be a FREE family friendly up to 1 mile run or walk. The course starts and finishes at the Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center, home of the DONNA Expo.
- Open 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. | Prime F. Osborn III Convention Center
- On-site Registration and Race Packet Pickup
- Free and open to the public, Free Parking
DONNA 110 Ultra Marathon
- THE PLAYERS Championship Parking off ATP Tour Blvd
- 7:30 a.m. 110 Start
Athletes will cover 110 miles to Finish Breast Cancer through the night in Atlantic Beach from the ultra base camp located in Bull Memorial Park. DONNA Curb Crews are invited all night to cheer these participants to the finish line.
Fundraiser Dinner with Donna and Mayo Clinic
- Mayo Clinic
- 4500 San Pablo Road, Jacksonville
- Invitation Only
- 5:30 p.m. Reception
- 6:00 p.m. Dinner
We look forward to a special evening honoring top fundraisers and sharing an update on research advances and sharing stories of families you support through The DONNA Foundation.
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 11th
#runDONNA and #FindYourFINISH
26.2 with DONNA National Marathon to Finish Breast Cancer, Half Marathon presented by McDonald’s and DONNA Marathon Relay presented by Genentech
- 4:00 a.m. Parking Opens
- 5:00 a.m. Runner’s Village Opens
- 7:30 a.m. Official Start
- DONNA Start Line
- THE PLAYERS Parking off ATP Tour Boulevard
Ruth’s Chris VIP Viewing Celebration
- 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- DONNA Finish Line at Mayo Clinic
- By Invitation Only
The DONNA Foundation hosts sponsors and special guests for a front row seat to the finish. Want to know how you can score an invitation? Be a top fundraiser »
DONNA Post Race Party
8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. | Runners’ Village at Mayo Clinic
Half Marathon Awards Ceremony
10:00 a.m. | Runners’ Village at Mayo Clinic
Marathon Awards Ceremony
12:00 p.m. | Runners’ Village at Mayo Clinic
TacoLU Toasts Your Finish
- TacoLU Baja Mexicana
- 1712 Beach Blvd. | Jacksonville Beach, FL 32250 [Map]
- 10 am to 10 pm
TacoLU invites all DONNA finishers to the LU to celebrate your finish. Wear your medal for a free beer or glass of champagne. See you @ the LU!
Sunday Transportation and Parking
Transportation details subject to change. Please check back often for updates.
The DONNA Full Marathon, Half Marathon and Marathon Relay events start at ATP Tour Blvd. in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. — home of the parking venues for THE PLAYERS Championship. The official race finish, and the finish of breast cancer, is at Mayo Clinic.
Race Day Parking at the Start
There will be FREE on-site parking for all participants at the start beginning 4:00 a.m. race morning. ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CARPOOL and park at the start. Please allow time for traffic delays. All relay leg shuttles will also depart from this parking lot.
Due to heavy traffic congestion on A1A Southbound, DONNA encourages all participants along the I-95 corridor and I-295 beltway to utilize the RECOMMENDED ROUTE via C.R. 210/Nocatee Parkway.
- Take I-95 to exit 329 – CR210 east
- Turn on CR 210 east (4.7 miles)
- Take the Nocatee Parkway E ramp to Ponte Vedra Beach
- Merge onto Nocatee Parkway (5.1 miles)
- At traffic circle, follow CR 210 by taking 3rd exit onto Palm Valley Road
- General parking is on the left
Alternate Route for Beaches Participants Only
- Go A1A South*
- Turn right on CR 210
- General parking is on the right
*Police managing traffic race morning may direct you to turn at Solana Road. Officers and lighted signs will guide you to parking.
Drop-off traffic should utilize the same routes as participant traffic. Parking attendants will direct you once in the lot.
Leg 1 runners start at the same time as the Marathon and Half Marathon participants at 7:30 a.m. Parking opens at 4:00 a.m. race morning. Legs 2, 3, 4 and 5 runners may take advantage of race provided relay shuttles departing from the start parking venue. Report to the relay bus loading area at least 2 hours before you need to be in your exchange zone. Volunteers and signage will direct runners to the buses. Buses for legs 2 – 5 will depart from the race start parking venue starting at 7:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. continuously.
Race Day Transportation to the Start
Bus transportation will be provided to the Start from the following shuttle locations:
- Sawgrass Marriott, DONNA Official Host Hotel: Hotel Guests Only | Provided by Sawgrass Marriott Shuttle Services
- Mayo Clinic: Hotel Guests, Fundraiser Experience and Mayo Employees Only
Shuttle service will begin race morning at 4:00 a.m.
Race Day Transportation from the Finish
Continuous bus transportation will be provided from Mayo Clinic to the following locations:
- Race Start Parking
- Sawgrass Marriott, DONNA Official Host Hotel: Hotel Guests Only | From Race Start Parking, provided by Sawgrass Marriott Shuttle Services
There is no spectator parking at Mayo Clinic.
To “See the Finish,” bus transportation will be provided from the race start at 8:00 a.m. Continuous bus service from Mayo Clinic back to the race start will be provided from W.M. Davis Parkway.
Please note that access to communities along the route may be inhibited for up to seven hours beginning at 6:00 a.m. on race day. Please plan for delays. No vehicles will be permitted to park on impacted city streets beginning Saturday, February 10 after 6 p.m. through Sunday, February 11, until the streets are opened for access.
Significant road closures include:
- J. Turner Butler Blvd. hard close eastbound at Hodges Boulevard at 6:30 a.m. Closure transition starting at 5:30 a.m.
- A1A northbound at ATP Tour Blvd. closed to Corona Road starting at 7:30 a.m. until approx. 8:30 a.m.
- A1A southbound at ATP Tour Blvd. closed at 7:30 a.m. until approx. 8:00 a.m.
- Ponte Vedra Blvd. from Corona to 37th Ave South, closed at 7:30 a.m. until approx. 9:30 a.m.
Galloway Pace Groups
powered by Momentum Transportation USA
DONNA is proud to offer Official Galloway Pacers powered by Momentum Transportation USA for the Marathon and Half Marathon events. Program Directors and Pace Group Leaders from around the country are coming here to pace our runners to Boston Qualifying times, personal bests, or just an official finish. How do you join a pace group? Just look for our Galloway Pacers before the race, stick with them throughout the run, and remember to move to the right of the road during walk breaks. All pacers will be easily identifiable before and during the race and will be using Jeff Galloway’s run/walk/run method for the entire 26.2 or 13.1 miles. For more information on this method, please visit jeffgalloway.com.
Pace Groups (Subject to Change)
The following marathon pace groups will be available:
- 3:30 GOAL FINISH TIME (4 min run/30 sec walk)
- 3:45 GOAL FINISH TIME (3 min run/30 sec walk)
- 4:00 GOAL FINISH TIME (2 min run/30 sec walk)
- 4:15 GOAL FINISH TIME (1:45 min run/30 sec walk)
- 4:30 GOAL FINISH TIME (1:30 min run/30 sec walk)
- 4:45 GOAL FINISH TIME (1 min run/30 sec walk)
- 5:00 GOAL FINISH TIME (1 min run/30 sec walk)
- 5:15 GOAL FINISH TIME (1 min run/30 sec walk)
- 5:30 GOAL FINISH TIME (30 sec run/30 sec walk)
- 5:45 GOAL FINISH TIME (30 sec run/30 sec walk)
- 6:00 GOAL FINISH TIME (30 sec run/30 sec walk)
- 6:30 GOAL FINISH TIME (15 sec run/30 sec walk)
- 7:00 GOAL FINISH TIME (15 sec run/30 sec walk)
The following half-marathon pace groups will be available:
- 1:45 GOAL FINISH TIME (4 min run/30 sec walk)
- 1:50 GOAL FINISH TIME (4 min run/30 sec walk)
- 2:00 GOAL FINISH TIME (2 min run/30 sec walk)
- 2:15 GOAL FINISH TIME (1:30 min run/30 sec walk)
- 2:30 GOAL FINISH TIME (1 min run/30 sec walk)
- 2:45 GOAL FINISH TIME (30 sec run/30 sec walk)
- 3:00 GOAL FINISH TIME (30 sec run/30 sec walk)
- 3:15 GOAL FINISH TIME (15 sec run/30 sec walk)
- 3:30 GOAL FINISH TIME (15 sec run/30 sec walk)
- 4:00 GOAL FINISH TIME (10 sec run/30 sec walk)
“Meet the Pacers Courtesy of Momentum Transportation USA” meet and greets will be held at the DONNA Expo on Friday, February 9 and Saturday February 10 throughout the day. Also look for pacers at the Jeff Galloway Training Programs booth to answer any of your pacing questions.
If you are interested in becoming a pace leader for the marathon, please contact us.
Timing and Awards
The top breast cancer survivor in the full and half marathon events will be honored with an engraved Prism award from Tiffany & Co. The top overall male and female in both the full and the half marathon events will also receive an award from Tiffany & Co.
Top Finisher Age Group Awards
Top Finisher Age Group Awards will be presented to the top three finishers of the full and half marathon events in each of the following male and female age groups: 19 & under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79 & 80 and over.
Awards will also be presented to the top three relay teams, wheelchair division, and the Dan Brown Cup will be awarded to the top high school relay team registered in the Danny Brown High School Challenge.
Racing the DONNA Booby Trap Challenge? Overall awards will be presented to the top three men and women in the challenge determined by overall time for all three events based on chip times.
Corporate Challenge Awards
Awards will be presented to the top male, female and coed team, determined by chip time. A contribution to The DONNA Foundation in company’s name will be awarded to the fastest team as well as the business with the most registered teams. The business with the most registered teams will also receive a giant trophy.
To best serve the mission of The DONNA Foundation to raise funds for ground breaking breast cancer research and women living with breast cancer, there will be no prize purse for the 11th Annual DONNA Marathon event.
EVENT ALERT SYSTEM
EAS Status for Marathon Sunday is GREEN
A color-coded Event Alert System (EAS) will be used to communicate the status of course conditions to participants leading up to and on race day. The levels range from Low (green) to Moderate (yellow) to High (red) to Extreme (black) based primarily on the weather, as well as other conditions.
The DONNA Medical Director Dr. Sara Filmalter and Meteorologist Tim Deegan along with the rest of the Race Communications team, will determine and execute the specific alert level on race day.
- E-mail, Facebook, Twitter and website communication during race week will inform participants of the current Event Alert System status and provide preparation tips based on advance weather forecasts.
- Updates will be made at the DONNA Expo via public address announcements and color-coded flags will be displayed in the packet pickup area indicating current levels.
- On race day, the current Event Alert System status will be communicated via public address announcements and color-coded signs/flags at the start and finish areas, and along the course at each of the aid station locations.
- All participants should familiarize themselves with the Event Alert System prior to the race, remain alert for directions from race officials and announcers and take precautions to prepare properly for varying weather conditions on race day.