presented by Genentech
Double loop for the DONNA marathon: The DONNA Marathon and Half Marathon to Finish Breast Cancer Course presented by Genentech will begin and end at Seawalk Pavilion in the heart of Jacksonville Beach, Florida. Runners will enjoy a flat, fast Boston-qualifying marathon course through three beautiful beach communities of Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach, and Atlantic Beach with scenic views and an outpouring of crowd support, and pink flamingos. Instead of continuing South, in 2023 the Marathon will complete the first half of the course again for a double loop design.
New start and finish locations for Saturday races: The DONNA 5K and DONNA Dash will be held at TIAA Bank Field in Downtown Jacksonville, Florida. With the start and finish located in “the bank”, runners will race through the heart of Downtown Jacksonville’s Sports District, finishing under one of the world’s largest scoreboard inside TIAA Bank Field.
Course maps are subject to change for road construction or other anticipated or unanticipated impacts.
DONNA Marathon and Half Marathon Course presented by Genentech (Interactive Course Map, plotaroute.com)*
DONNA Marathon and Half Marathon Course presented by Genentech – with course support, coming soon
DONNA Marathon USATF Certification (PDF), coming soon
DONNA Half Marathon USATF Certification (PDF), coming soon
DONNA 5K Course – coming soon
DONNA 110 Course – coming soon
*The DONNA National Half Marathon and Marathon to Finish Breast Cancer Course presented by Genentech are together through mile 13. The half marathon will continue straight to the finish line at mile 13, with the marathon turning west to continue to the Marathon Turn to repeat the course.
- The DONNA Marathon course presented by Genentech will be open for 7 hours, allowing for a 16-minute per mile marathon pace.
- The DONNA Half Marathon course presented by Genentech will be open for 4 and 1/2 hours, allowing for a 20:37 per mile half-marathon pace.
- Hydration stations will be available approximately every mile, but no longer than two miles with water and Gatorade.
- Gels will be available at approximately miles 8.5, 15 and 22.
- Aid stations will be available approximately every 4 miles.
- Portable restrooms will be available at many locations all over the course. Never fear, restrooms are near.
Medical support provided by Jacksonville Fire and Rescue Department will be available and ready to assist you along the marathon route and main medical near the Start/Finish Line.
In addition to being a Boston Qualifier, the DONNA Marathon has also been selected by the Abbott World Marathon Majors as a qualifying race for the AbbottWMM Wanda Age Group World Ranking program for 2023. Through this distinction, participants in the DONNA Marathon can compete to earn ranking points to be invited to the 2024 AbbottWMM Wanda Age Group Championships. Learn more »
For road closure information, check out our Spectator Info page »
- Male Record: 2:13:19, 2015, Elisha Barno
- Female Record: 2:33:08, 2010, Buzunesh Deba
- Male Record: 1:08:08, 2010, Cesar Lizano
- Female Record: 1:18:43, 2011, Gabriela Trana
- Male Record: 14:43:03, 2019, Marc Burget
- Female Record: 19:16:00, 2016, Sarah-Jane Lyons